Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Fantasy
All she has to do is kill the king. In a world where women have no rights, sisters Serina and Nomi Tessaro face two very different fates: one in the palace, the other in prison.
Serina has been groomed her whole life to become a Grace – someone to stand by the heir to the throne as a shining, subjugated example of the perfect woman. But when her headstrong and rebellious younger sister, Nomi, catches the heir’s eye, it’s Serina who takes the fall for the dangerous secret that Nomi has been hiding.
Now trapped in a life she never wanted, Nomi has only one way to save Serina: surrender to her role as a Grace until she can use her position to release her sister. This is easier said than done. A traitor walks the halls of the palace, and deception lurks in every corner. But Serina is running out of time, imprisoned on an island where she must fight to the death to survive and one wrong move could cost her everything. All she has to do is kill the king.
- In some ways the story was SO cliche. Sibling doing everything possible to rescue the other sibling? A love interest who isn’t what they seem?
- The sister relationship is really great.
- Nomi is so stupid at times. I’m all for rebelling about expectations but don’t be stupid about it.
- GIRL POWER
- The relationships between all the women is really awesome.
- I’m not too keen on the idea of Graces but I did like how they mostly looked out for each other.
- The story was a pretty quick read.
- Not amazing but kept me hooked.
- Can’t wait to see what next in the next installment.