It might be too early to celebrate the holidays for some people but it’s the time to order some bookish Holiday/ Advent boxes for upcoming season.
Here’s an overview of the bookish holiday boxes available this season.
I’m starting early so this post will be continually updated through the season (apologies if things are sold out).
Last update: 11/1/20
- Link by Link: Anthology of Haunted Holidays is the featured book
- Exclusive dust jacket artwork
- Embossed cover
- Sprayed pages
- Fandoms that will be featured in this box include NARNIA, SHADOWHUNTERS, AMERICAN ROYALS, THE CRUEL PRINCE, SNOW LIKE ASHES, THRONE OF GLASS and more to be announced!
- One of the comments said the Narnia item is a snow globe.
- Box available for purchase Monday, October 5 pm EST
- No paper items
- 6 Day box– $35 + Shipping
- Fandoms include: The Starless Sea, Serpent & Dove, Lunar Chronicles, Spin the Dawn and two general bookish items.
- Companies featured: Brio and Brandish, The Bookish Den, Melt the Stars, & Fable Grounds Coffee.
- 12 Day Box– $65 + Shipping
- Everything in 6 day box AND
- Fandoms included: The Starless Sea, Serpent & Dove, Lunar Chronicles, Spin the Dawn, A Darker Shade of Magic, Six of Crows, Warcross, The Lux Series, The Grishaverse and a few general bookish items.
- Companies featured: Brio and Brandish, The Bookish Den, Melt the Stars, Fable Grounds Coffee, Fable bands, Little Mouse Bookshelf, & Mysteries of Mayhem
- Blanket– $30 + Shipping
- Available to add to a box or as a single purchase.
- “It features a bookish quote with multiple fandoms represented in the form of hidden symbols.”
- Pre-order opens September 30.
- 12 bookish items including personalized item.
- More details to come.
- Can’t tell if it’s made by an official shop. Items made by @the_craftybookworm
- US based
- $89 + Shipping
- 12 items
- 3 Books
- Item from Wick & Jane
- Item from Galaxy Ink Designs
- Coffee, tea & hot chocolate
- US based
- 5 items
- $55 + shipping
- Fandoms: Throne of Glass, Shadow and Bone, The Bear and the Nightingale, Six of Crows & A Court of Frost and Starlight.
- Australia based.
- $79.99 + shipping
- 12 items
- Examples: enamel pins, sticky things, woodmark, wall calendar.
£46.00 12 bookish pins inspired by 12 different books. “The calendar is planned to ship out 19th October – 8th November, so that all calendars would reach you in advance and before 1st December.”
Box didn’t hit quota so it won’t be produced.
- This Box will include 8 oz Coffee and/or 3 oz tea, a drinking vessel, a t shirt, and 3 other exclusive items.
- Available for pre-order now; Box will ship Nov 28 – Dec 3
- Pre-order opens Oct 2nd 8 pm EST
- Boxes are $89.99 + shipping; Ships first week of December
- Features a ~150 pg novella with 12 short stories.
- 12 different authors.
- “As you read each short story, you’ll be prompted at key moments within them to open the corresponding gift for the day. These gifts are all incredibly useful, beautiful items, perfect for the bookworm in ALL of us! These gifts are NOT Christmas themed (only the wrapping is to, again, match the season!) and each item can be used and enjoyed year-round.”
- 4 of the days will feature a full length novel as the gift.
- This year there will be a YOUNG ADULT and ADULT option.
- The other 8 days will have the same gifts.
- $36.99 + shipping
- Book: A Universe of Wishes
- Exclusive cover
- Exclusive foil design
- Exclusive end pages
- Ribbon bookmark
- Winter focus; no holidays
- 7 items in box with focus on self care
- Ceramic mug by @ladychubbletters
- Teas will be inspired by a bookish fandom or classic winter tale.
- Fandoms include: A Court of Thorns and Roses, Serpent and Dove, A Christmas Carol, Middle Earth, Elf, and so many more!
- Teas celebrating Christmas, Yule, & Winter Solstice will be included.
- Will contain 12 teas PLUS a non-consumable item.
- 8 of the teas will be new blends.
- Preorders open Friday, November 20, at 6 PM PST & ship first week of December.
- $37.99 + shipping
- 2 books
- 2 items: 9 oz layered candle & exclusive candle by Fiction Bath Co
Two sizes: 5 day ($19.99 + shipping) and 10 day ($49.99 +shipping)
If they sell out quick, a restock will come at the end of November.
First round of sales open Friday, November 12 at 5 PM EST.
“If you’ve been a YA subscriber, most of your products will be from past Adult Boxes & Special Edition Boxes, and vice versa. If you haven’t subscribed, you’ll get a mix! At checkout, you will be asked to fill out a short survey to make sure your box is tailored to you as best as possible.”
What are box(es) are you ordering?
Have I missed a box?
Link me in the comments & I’ll add them to the post.
Thinking about ordering a book box for a Holiday gift? Make sure to check out The Big YA Subscription Box Round Up before purchasing.
The Book Merch Box Round Up has some ideas for other gifts.