C ++ Crash Course : A Fast- Paced Introduction by Josh Lospinoso
A comprehensive, fast-paced guide to contemporary C++, targeted at skilled programmers. Upon completing C++ Crash Course, you will have a thorough understanding of the core language concepts, the C++ Standard Library, and the Boost Libraries. Widely used in real-world software development, C++ is capable of producing small, efficient, and readable code when wielded by a knowledgeable programmer.
C++ Crash Course is designed for intermediate to advanced programmers, bypassing unnecessary details to focus solely on the heart of C++17, the most up-to-date revision of the ISO standard. The first part delves into the essential aspects of the C++ language, covering topics ranging from types and functions to object lifecycles and expressions. The second part introduces you to the expansive C++ Standard Library and Boost Libraries, revealing the full array of robust, fully-featured tools at your disposal. Topics include special utility classes, data structures, algorithms, file system manipulation, and high-performance network communication.
This book covers all the major features of modern C++, encompassing:
- Fundamental types, reference types, and user-defined types
- The object lifecycle, encompassing storage duration, memory management, exceptions, call stacks, and the RAII paradigm
- Compile-time polymorphism utilizing templates and run-time polymorphism employing virtual classes
- Advanced expressions, statements, and functions
- Smart pointers, data structures, dates and times, numerics, and probability/statistics facilities
- Containers, iterators, strings, and algorithms
- Streams and files, concurrency, networking, and application development
C++ Crash Course offers over 500 code samples and nearly 100 exercises, aiding in the establishment of a robust C++ foundation.